Quickly Shape Gym
New men’s workout guide!
Welcome to your new workout program guide.
To make things easier for you, we have sorted and reviewed the whole program. This guide breaks down the steps to help you understand more before you start your first workout. The overall goal is to allow your body to achieve maximum strength.
This is a high-intensity interval training program (H.I.I.T). The program is designed to be done at the gym and will challenge you from the first workout to the very last one. Each workout is designed to be completed in a timely manner, enabling you to keep up with your everyday routine.
Since all the workout equipment is in the gym, you’ll only need to bring two more things: all your motivation and a mobile device. In order to make this program a success for yourself, you should read each workout a day prior to your training session. This will help you stay organized and prepare you for your next day’s work out. Here is a list of things to consider before you enter the workout space:
- Phone or technology device to view workout on
- Any extra equipment the gym doesn’t provide: yoga mat, resistance bands or gloves, etc.
- Get an idea of what you’ll need in your workout space before getting to the gym
- Make a mental picture of how the workout circuit will go. Due to the little amount of time given between each exercise, it’s crucial to have all the equipment ready to go (dumbbell, kettlebell, jump rope, etc.).
- We suggest no more than 10 minutes of cardio, ex: treadmill, stair climber, elliptical, row machine or bike.
- Make sure to choose weights that will allow optimal movement, in a short amount of time, with little to no chance of injury
- These weights should also be heavy enough though to feel like the workout is still intense and pushing you to your limit, safely.
- Have your equipment, water, towel and anything else in reaching distance of your workout space.
- The rest time is short, and there will be no time to waste.
- Each circuit consists of a certain amount of exercises in a small period of time, which means, it’s important to give it your best efforts in order to see top results. The more energy you spend, the more calories will be burned.
- The workout is about 20% of your success, the other 80% is your nutrition.
- Make a shopping list and stick with simple yet high in nutritional value foods. Plan out your meals each day, so when you aren’t working out, you know your body is being fueled with healthy food in order to keep you in optimal shape for your next workout.
You will be investing 8 weeks of hard work and dedication to push your body and mind to its limits; making your body an efficient tool for burning calories, and getting stronger within each week. Each week consists of 4 work out days and within those work outs there are stages:
You are going to warm up with a few options that we have included in this program. Our clients had the best results when the cardio warm-up started with a treadmill, bicycle or rowing machine. As you get further into your program, the option to jump rope as a warm up will suffice too. We are only giving you options that you can use, and the choice will be yours.
This is your core of the workout. This is the part of the workout where you are going to give your all. The circuit itself is well structured and the exercises are picked with great intention. No two circuits are the same throughout the whole program. Your workout circuit is going to be light to medium difficulty level, and it will progress to heavy. It is very important to stick with the timing given in the program. If you always give your best you are going to need a full rest time period to continue.
At the end of the circuit, you should rest 2 – 3 min and rehydrate. Right after that, you are going to burn an more calories by doing cardio. Your goal should be the to burn the maximum number of calories in the least amount of time. For example, you can set a goal for your cardio 150cal under 10 min. Don’t skip this part of the workout, it is very important.
Recovery time is just as important as the workout portion of your program. Stretching is key and we have added video links to the program that will assist you during your recovery process. Feel free to do any other stretches that may not be included in those links we have provided you.
Tips for scheduling workouts:
Since your frequency is 4x a week, here are some examples of how you can create your weekly routine:
Example 1: Monday Tuesday Rest Thursday Friday Rest Rest
Example 2: Monday Rest Wednesday Rest Friday Saturday Rest
Rest day tips:
If you are trying to lose weight, your goal should be to move as much as you can. You should set a goal, on your mobile device or a smartwatch, to walk 10,000 steps a day.
We are looking forward to hearing from you and to see the results of your work
Stay consistent and good luck!
Quickly Shape Team